As India celebrates its 67th Republic Day today, with French President Francois Hollande as chief guest, tight security is being prevailed in capital and acorss the nation as a precaution. The celebrations begin at the Amar Jawan Jyoti, where varied Representatives of the Indian States will take part in parade to showcase the strengths of various states.
Here is what special at today’s Republic Day parade:
In the mega event at Rajpath, for the very first time in the history of India’s Republic Day parade, a 76-member French Army Contingent led by a French military band consisting 48 musicians marching on Rajpath will present a ceremonial salute to President of India.
After almost 26 years, the Army Dog squad from RVC (Remount Veterinary Corps) will also take part along with their handlers.
Here are the quick updates of what’s going now at Rajpath:
List of tableaus showcasing their strenghts at R-day parade:
- Bihar’s tableau presents Champaran Satyagraha of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Tableau from Tripura displays Unokti sculptures.
- Chandigarh tableau displays “Smart and Green City”.
- Rajasthan’s tableau displays the huge model of Hawa Mahal.
- The northern most state J&K’s tableau displays the concept of rural development through the use of technology.
- Tableau from Sikkim exhibits celebration of Buddha Jayanti in state.
- BSF presents camel contingent with 36 camels, march at Rajpath.
- Tableau of Indian Navy displaying INS Vikrant alongwith marching contingent.
- The Indian Air Force’s tableau showcases its human assitance and disaster relief operations.
- And here comes this year’s special attraction Army Dog Squad from RVN, marches down at Rajpath.
- The first indigenously developed weapon system, Akash, who also participated in 1965 and 1971 wars, is at display.
- The powerful “Brahmos” missiles being displayed at Rajpath.
- The Indian army’s main battle tanks, which can fire four types of ammunition i.e. T-9 Bhishm, is at display.
- The much-awaited moment of today’s special attraction-French Army Contingent, marches at Rajpath.
- The first formation of four MI-17 V5 chopper showers petals and greeted spectators.
- 67th Republic Day begins at Rajpath.
President Pranab Mukherjee awarded the nation’s highest peacetime gallantry award Ashok Chakra to Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami of 9 para (Special Forces)/6th Battalian of the Rashtriya Rifles for his most acts of most conspicuous gallantry.
President Pranab Mukherjee and French President arrives at Rajpath
Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave warm welcome to President Pranab Mukherjee and French President and the chief guest of today, Francois Hollande
Spectators cheers as Prime Minister Modi arrives at the Rajpath.
Gathered Spectators gave the Prime Minister gave arousing welcome. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar receives Prime Minister.
PM Modi pays the tribute to the martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived at memorial and pays tribute to the unknown soldiers who lost their lives fighting for the nation.
Who all are going to be the part of military contingents?
— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) January 26, 2016
— PIB India (@PIB_India) January 25, 2016
Security tightened acorss the nation, here’s picture from Karnataka.
— Abhishek Goyal (@goyal_abhei) January 26, 2016